Organizing a Small Business (3-0) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course is designed to explore the advantages and disadvantages of entrepreneurship for those who may be considering starting, operating or seeking employment in a small business. The course will emphasize the organization of the small business including the various forms of business ownership, business planning, starting the business, location, cash flow and marketing concepts.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ENG 101 (or may be taken concurrently) or minimum placement test scores of 18 ACT, 25 SAT or 71 CPT (Sentence Skills).
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Assess entrepreneurship as a viable career option by exploring its advantages and disadvantages.
- Compare various forms of business ownership and the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative.
- Write a business plan.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an existing business or a franchise as business ownership alternatives.
- Identify the target market most applicable to a given small business.
- Evaluate pricing strategies for new and existing products and services.
- Select advertising strategies most applicable to a given small business.
- Outline the factors involved in evaluating potential business locations.
- Forecast startup costs and sales for a given, newly formed small business.
| ||103||142423||Organizing Small Business ||Online||3||McCartney J||$12.00||29/31/0||Open||
| ||103||142313||Organizing Small Business ||Online||3||McCartney J||$12.00||28/31/0||Open||
| ||103||142619||Organizing Small Business|| ||3||Ontko S||$12.00||21/30/0||Open||
| ||103||142663||Organizing Small Business|| ||3||Bethel R||$12.00||22/30/0||Open||
| ||103||122313||Organizing a Small Business ||Online||3||McCartney J||$12.00||14/31/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.