Elementary Arabic 2 (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
This course is a continuation of ARB 101 and continues to review the basic Arabic grammar patterns and build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of the cultures of the Middle East will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- ARB 101 with a grade of 2.0 or better or one year of high school Arabic or consent of instructor.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary Arabic texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary Arabic.
- Discriminate distinctive elementary Arabic sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary Arabic.
- Pronounce elementary Arabic words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Arabic clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary Arabic vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply correctly elementary rules of Arabic grammar, syntax, tense and gender.
- Communicate effectively in elementary Arabic through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare elementary aspects of Arabic and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore culture in this elementary Arabic course.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for further exploration of the Arabic language and culture.
| ||102||140420||Elementary Arabic 2|| ||4||Safah H||$12.00||28/28/0||Open||
| ||102||110417||Elementary Arabic 2|| ||4||Safah H||$12.00||9/25/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.