Michigan Taxes (2-0) 2 Cr. Hrs.
This is an introductory course in Michigan personal and business taxes. In addition, the individual income taxes of several Michigan cities will be covered. The course provides both non-accounting and accounting majors with knowledge of the Michigan tax structure. Special emphasis will be on regulations and tax requirements for income taxes, sales and use taxes, unemployment taxes, business tax and real and personal property taxes. Students will prepare tax returns while reviewing tax planning strategies.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply state tax law provisions to individual taxpayer scenarios.
- Apply local city tax law provisions to individual taxpayer scenarios.
- Prepare individual and business tax forms for the State of Michigan.
- Prepare individual tax forms for the Cities of Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park.
- Explore various tax issues which may need to be researched.
- Investigate tax issues relating to interstate taxation.
| ||139||112509||Michigan Taxes|| ||2||Breger W||$12.00||20/30/0||Open||
Note: This schedule updates once every 24 hours. Please reference WebAdvisor for current status.