Increasing programming for working professionals is a focus
Schoolcraft College’s continuing education department, Personal and Professional Learning (PPL), recently earned program certification from the Learning Resources Network (LERN), recognizing the College’s commitment to and excellence in non-credit courses.
The Learning Resources Network, an industry leader in continuing education, awards the LERN Program Certification to continuing education programs in universities, colleges and public schools across the country that meet the most rigorous quality standards, including:
- Programming that aligns with the organization’s central mission
- Running and analyzing critical programmatic data
- Developing relevant course programming
- Establishing appropriate customer service standards
- Identifying marketing channels relevant to top segments
- Increasing registrations year over year
- Improving process efficiency
“We are excited and honored to be one of the continuing education programs recognized with the LERN certification award and will continue to bring fresh, relevant programming to our surrounding communities,” said Dr. Jodie Beckley, Director of Personal and Professional Learning. “Having our PPL program analyzed by an objective third party with benchmarks and standards assures our students and community that PPL is a leader in quality non-credit programming and has a strong community focus.”
PPL offers a wide variety of non-credit classes to help students bolster their career, support a hobby or just try something new.
“We offer a variety of career training programs to help people upskill in their profession, or re-skill for a career shift if that is their goal,” Dr. Beckley said. Some of those training opportunities include:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Preparation
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Certificate in Event Planning
- Certificate in Dementia Care
- Part 107 Exam Preparation for the Remote Pilot (Drones)
- Certificate in Google IT Support
- Photography Certificate
“One of our goals is to increase the amount of programming available for working professionals in our community,” Dr. Beckley said. “We continue to add new programs to our lineup that support people to better their careers and lives.”
Several new courses have been added for the Fall 2022 schedule. These include:
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Accounts Payable Specialist
- Java Programmer + Python Developer
The above classes will be offered as online advanced career training programs, which students can complete at their own pace.
In addition, three new photography classes have been added for those pursuing their photography certificate, or just wanting to add to their skill set: Commercial Photography, Travel Photography, and Real Estate Photography. Also new for food enthusiasts are Passion for Chocolates; a holiday desserts class; and a food and wine pairing class.
The Fall 2022 schedule is available now. For more information, go to schoolcraft.edu/ppl.