Rights & Responsibilities
- Receive information in an accessible format
- Receive accommodations
- Receive the grade earned
- Students must provide verification of their disability to the Disability Support Services (DSS) office. This can be a recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan from high school or the Disability Verification Form.
- The Disability Verification Form is to be completed by a fully licensed health care professional who has first-hand knowledge of the student’s disability, such as the treating or diagnosing physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, counselor, therapist or other qualified medical professional who is licensed to diagnose.
- Documentation can be submitted:
- In person: McDowell Student Center, Room 175
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: (734) 462-4489
- Once the documentation has been verified, the student can schedule an appointment with a Disability Support Services Advocate in-person or via Zoom by contacting DSS office via phone (734) 462-4330 or email [email protected]
- During the appointment, the student and the Disability Support Services Advocate engage in an interactive process to explore the nature of the disability, the functional limitations, and select appropriate and reasonable accommodations.
- Students will contact their instructors at the beginning of each semester to notify them of their intention to use accommodations
- Students will meet the standard for classroom behavior and academic requirements