At Issue Guidelines
The At Issue feature represents scholarly work that does not fall into the traditional journal research categories of a research manuscript and/or review. The type of scholarly work considered for an At Issue feature would include the following types of categories:
- Annotated bibliography or webliography
- Literature review
- Op-ed essay
To submit a scholarly work for consideration as an At Issue feature, please provide the following:
- A statement concerning the overall purpose of the work, along with its intended audience.
- A brief introduction or summary of the piece. In the case of an annotated bibliography, in the abstract or summary state the types of resources found within it. Also include in your summary questions that the resources provided within the bibliography will help to answer.
- Highlight the timeliness of the subject matter and the broader implications for this topic.
- Adhere to current APA style guidelines.
- Manuscripts should be between eight and fifteen pages and double-spaced.
- Send the manuscript as a Microsoft Word attachment in an email.
Along with your At Issue submission, please enclose your name, title, affiliation, and address.
John Smith, Faculty Chair, History Department
Johnson County Community Collegev 12345 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210-1299
The editorial staff may make minor grammatical and style changes in the manuscript during copy editing prior to publication. The editorial staff reserves the right to make changes it deems necessary and will forward page proofs for the author’s approval prior to publication.
Please direct questions concerning the At Issue Feature to:
At Issue Feature Editor