Many organizations not affiliated with Schoolcraft College offer scholarship opportunities. Listed below are some of the types of organizations that may offer scholarships.
- Professional associations
- Community organizations and clubs
- Local Chamber of Commerce
- Commercial Lending Institutions
- Places of employment
Here are a few popular websites that can assist you with your scholarship search (remember you should not have to pay a fee to apply for or obtain a scholarship):
- College Board’s Scholarship Search
- Scholarship America
If your scholarship sponsor sends your scholarship check directly to Schoolcraft College, it will be applied to your student account, one-half in the Fall Term, one-half in the Winter Term, unless the sponsor specifies otherwise. Students should submit copies of the award letter to the Office of Financial Aid.
If your scholarship sponsor sends your scholarship check directly to you, you should follow these instructions to make sure it is applied to your student account:
- If the check is made out to Schoolcraft College: Bring it to the Office of Financial Aid or send it to us at the address below.
- If the check is made co-payable to you and Schoolcraft College: Endorse the check and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid at the address below.
- If the check is made payable to you only: It is your responsibility to report this resource to us and to apply any funds necessary to your student account.
Please send private scholarship checks (include your Federal Tax ID number on your check or accompanying correspondence) to:
Office of Financial Aid/Scholarships
McDowell Center, Room 150
18600 Haggerty Road
Livonia, MI 48152-2696