Join Our Information Sessions
Program Information for Radiology Technology
Mission and Student Handbook
The mission of the Schoolcraft College Radiologic Technology program is to serve the community by providing an education setting where students will receive the essential foundation for a career in radiology science. Graduates will exemplify qualities of excellence in patient care, professionalism, safety and ethical behavior thereby enhancing the healthcare experience of the patients we serve.
The Schoolcraft College Radiologic Technology Program is actively working with JRCERT officials to gain accreditation from the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
- Students will exemplify clinical competency.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking during radiographic examinations.
- Students will promote professionalism and lifelong learning.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLO’s)
Goal 1 SLO’s:
- Students will correctly perform radiographic exams.
- Students will set proper exposure factors for radiographic examinations.
- Students will demonstrate excellent patient care skills.
Goal 2 SLO’s:
- Students will display effective critical thinking and procedural skills.
- Students will display critical thinking with patients and trauma situations.
Goal 3 SLO’s:
- Students will hold ASRT membership.
- Students will have exposure to cross-training to different modalities.
Goal 4 SLO’s:
- Students will display great communication in a clinical setting.
- Students will have an acceptable resume.
- Students will display effective communication in trauma situations.
Program Effectiveness Data
Federal regulations require Schoolcraft College to publicly disclose, for each educational program designed to meet the educational requirements for a specific professional license or certification required for employment in an occupation (or advertised as meeting a requirement for employment), information about whether program completion would meet those requirements in a state. These public disclosure requirements apply to all programs, regardless of their modality (i.e., on-ground, online, and hybrid programs).
Please see the disclosure (PDF) related to the educational requirements for professional licensure and certification.