Registration is now open
A collaboration with Google to offer the Google IT Support Certificate is one of many new courses available from Schoolcraft College’s Personal and Professional Learning (PPL) department for the Winter 2022 schedule. Registration is now open.
The Google IT Support Certificate is:
- Designed to help those with no experience prepare for entry-level jobs in IT Support in less than six months
- Taught by Google employees who began in IT Support
- Facilitated by a Schoolcraft College instructor with CompTIA A+ certification, who provides direct support for students
“We are extremely pleased to offer the Google IT Support Certificate for the Winter 2022 schedule,” said Dr. Jodie Beckley, Director, Personal & Professional Learning. “This course is open to students 16 years and older, so this is a great way for high school students to prepare for a career in IT.”
Potential careers the Google IT Support Certificate prepares students for include:
- Database administrator
- IT specialist
- Tech support specialist
- Systems analyst
- Network engineer
- Help desk technician
- IT support specialist
- IT technician
- Computer user specialist
- IT assistant
Dr. Beckley noted several additional benefits for students who complete the Google IT Support Certificate.
“Upon completing the course, students can claim a Credly Badge to share on LinkedIn and other social networks,” she said. “Google also provides access to a local IT recruiter through Career Circle as well as access to Big Interview to receive assistance in preparing for job interviews.
“Finally, students will receive a 20% discount on the CompTIA A+ certification exam if they would like to take it.”
New courses offered; favorites return
Several other all-new courses as well as the return of some favorites also are part of PPL’s Winter 2022 offering.
“From the return of our full aquatics, to new languages, art and self-defense classes and more, PPL has something for everyone,” Dr. Beckley said.
- Children with special needs can gain therapeutic benefits in Water Shy Swim for Students with Special Needs: Ages 5+ and Foundations of Swim Strokes for Students with Special Needs: Ages 5+. Look for the return of the full aquatics program as well.
- Discover key grammar concepts to fine-tune your Italian in Italian Intermediate Grammar
- Explore new drawing techniques in Colored Pencil: Steampunk Art and Colored Pencil: Backgrounds
- Learn to defend yourself in dangerous situations with Self-Defense: Armed Assailant Training and Self-Defense: Personal Safety Training for Women
The popular Dine & Discover series returns as well with two new topics:
Coney Detroit: The Capital of a Coney Nation and Raising Butterflies in the Garden