Welcome to Schoolcraft. Welcome to college.

Transfer Out

Schoolcraft to U

Transfer your Schoolcraft Credits to another College or University

Many students come to Schoolcraft College to complete the first two years of college coursework before transferring to a four-year institution. It can save time and money and provide a strong foundation for further academic pursuits. That is why we have teamed with nearly all of the private and public institutions in Michigan and created several different tools to make transferring much easier.

Learn more about your options for transfer

There are five ways Schoolcraft students can transfer out to a four-year college or university:

  1. Use transfer guides
    • Transfer guides are designed for a specific major
    • They help students to earn an associate degree at Schoolcraft before transferring
    • Best used if students are following one of Schoolcraft’s transfer degrees (arts, fine arts, business, science, engineering or general studies)

  2. Use an articulation agreement
    • Used for students following an applied science program (ex: culinary, nursing, computer graphics…)
    • Agreements allow students to earn more than 60 credit hours at Schoolcraft (save more money!) and some will even allow students to earn up to 90 credits!

  3. Use the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA; if beginning college Fall 2014 or later)
  4. Use the MACRAO Transfer Agreement (if enrolled in college prior to Fall 2014)
    • Earn general education credits only
    • List of approved MACRAO-approved courses are found on page 18 of the 2014-15 catalog

  5. Use course equivalencies for specific courses
    • Earn specific courses and credits only

Important: General education, MACRAO Transfer agreement, and MTA requirements vary depending on the college or university to which you are transferring and depending on your program of study. Always work with an academic advisor or counselor to ensure that your credits will transfer.

Work with your academic advisor or counselor

If transferring your credits is your goal, you are strongly encouraged to work closely with your academic advisor or counselor to plan your class schedules accordingly. Your advisor or counselor will guide you through the process, which can change from year to year, making it a challenge to follow on your own. 

Get Ready To Transfer

  1. Visit the website of the college to which you plan to transfer.
  2. Meet with a recruiter.
  3. Apply early.
  4. Search for available scholarships.
  5. Send official Schoolcraft transcripts.

We understand that the transfer process can be overwhelming sometimes. Please meet with one of our academic advisors or counselors for help.


all college events

For College Recruiters

On-Campus Recruitment Form

Note: This is a fillable PDF application meant for Adobe Reader. Please download and save the document to your computer before completing.

Answer Center Help Line
Schoolcraft College
P: 734-462-4426

to Top