Overload/Late Entry Registration
Schedule adjustment will take place during the week that classes begin. See the Important Academic Dates for registration and class start/end dates, adjustment periods, deadlines for refunds/W grades, etc. Overload and late registration are sometimes requested by students who wish to enter a class that is full (overload) or join a class that has already met for the first time (late entry).
For online classes students can enter a class up until WebAdvisor closes the day after the class begins.
Students who want to try and overload into a full class can attempt to do so from the time the class starts through the end of the schedule adjustment period. Students must obtain written approval from the instructor to overload. Not all instructors accept overloads. Overloads are granted at the discretion of the instructor and are not guaranteed when the Overload/Late Entry Form is issued. Students are responsible for all the work that they have missed prior to officially being registered in the course. It is left to the discretion of the instructor whether missed assignments will be accepted or graded.
Students wishing to enter a class after it has met for the first time need written approval from the instructor, even if seats are available. Not all instructors accept late entry. OE/OE courses cannot be added after the last day for OE/OE registration. Students are responsible for all the work that they have missed prior to officially being registered in the course. It is left to the discretion of the instructor whether missed assignments will be accepted or graded.
By submitting the Overload/Late Entry Form the student is responsible to pay for the course in accordance with the Schoolcraft College tuition payment policy. Refunds are only available during the posted schedule adjustment periods (refer to the Registration Guide for specific dates). If the student enters the course beyond that time there is NO refund period for the class.
Students cannot use WebAdvisor to register once the course is full or has already met for the first time. Exception: For online classes students can enter a class up until WebAdvisor closes the day after the class begins.
How to get overload/late entry consent
Contact the instructor (contact information is available in the Faculty and Staff Directory). Please contact the instructor only during the times which do not interfere with classroom instruction.
1. Obtain consent from the instructor in one of the two ways:
- Get an Overload/Late Entry Form from the Registration Center and ask your instructor to sign it.
- Instructors can email you directly or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails must come from the instructor’s Schoolcraft email account. Emails need to include student name, ID number, course name/number, section number, term and statement of consent.
2. Register for your class(es):
- For traditional classes: Bring a copy of the consent to the Registration Center within two business days of receipt. Consent expires after two business days and will not be honored.
- Students registering from the waitlist once the class starts must obtain instructor consent and visit the Registration Center during normal business hours and within two business days of the consent given. If you are unable to register in person BEFORE the deadline, call the Registration Office for additional assistance.
- For online classes: Email email@example.com and request a Registration Worksheet. Students need to return the registration worksheet, the consent from the instructor, and a copy of their driver's license or photo ID, front and back, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within two business days of receipt of the consent. Consents expire after two business days and will not be honored.
3. Schoolcraft College is temporarily waiving the three-day deadline to pay for classes after registering. Please begin the process of exploring all options for payment, including scholarships and financial aid, or sign up for the tuition payment plan