Overload/Late Entry Registration
Schedule adjustment will take place during the week that classes begin. See the Important Academic Dates for registration and class start/end dates, adjustment periods, deadlines for refunds/W grades, etc. Overload and late registration are sometimes requested by students who wish to enter a class that is full (overload) or join a class that has already met for the first time (late entry).
For online classes students can enter a class up until WebAdvisor closes the day after the class begins.
Students who want to try and overload into a full class can attempt to do so from the time the class starts through the end of the schedule adjustment period. Students must obtain written approval from the instructor to overload. Not all instructors accept overloads. Overloads are granted at the discretion of the instructor and are not guaranteed when the Overload/Late Entry Form is issued. Students are responsible for all the work that they have missed prior to officially being registered in the course. It is left to the discretion of the instructor whether missed assignments will be accepted or graded.
Students wishing to enter a class after it has met for the first time need written approval from the instructor, even if seats are available. Not all instructors accept late entry. OE/OE courses cannot be added after the last day for OE/OE registration. Students are responsible for all the work that they have missed prior to officially being registered in the course. It is left to the discretion of the instructor whether missed assignments will be accepted or graded.
By submitting the Overload/Late Entry Form the student is responsible to pay for the course in accordance with the Schoolcraft College tuition payment policy. Refunds are only available during the posted schedule adjustment periods (refer to the Registration Guide for specific dates). If the student enters the course beyond that time there is NO refund period for the class.
Students cannot use WebAdvisor to register once the course is full or has already met for the first time. Exception: For online classes students can enter a class up until WebAdvisor closes the day after the class begins.
How to request overload/late entry consent:
1. Contact the instructor via email (contact information is available in the Faculty and Staff Directory). When sending your email request to the instructor be sure to include your full name, student ID number, course name and section number you are wishing to join.
Instructors can reply to you directly or email us at email@example.com. Emails must come from the instructor’s Schoolcraft email account. Emails need to include student name, ID number, course name/number, section number, term and statement of consent.
2. Register for your class(es):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a Registration Worksheet. Students need to return the signed and completed registration worksheet, the consent from the instructor, and a copy of their driver's license or photo ID by email to email@example.com within two business days of the consent. Consents expire after two business days and will not be honored.
- Students registering from the waitlist once the class starts must obtain instructor consent and follow the registration directions listed above within two business days of the consent given. Call the Registration Office at 734-462-4426 for additional assistance.
3. Payment for summer semester is due by July 6th. Payment for fall semester is due by July 17th. After July 17th, payment is due within 3 weekdays. Please begin the process of exploring all options for payment, including scholarships and financial aid, or sign up for the tuition payment plan