Students should carry a Schoolcraft College student ID card or a valid driver’s license/state ID card on campus at all times.
After registering for classes, you can obtain a student ID card by completing the following steps:
1. Take a selfie headshot to get a picture of yourself similar to a driver’s license or passport photo.
- Take your photo in front of a neutral background with your face filling the screen, showing your face in full without shadows. The background should be visible to the left, right and top of your photo.
- Smile or have a neutral expression, and
do not wear a hat.
2. Attach the photo as an image file to an email. (Do not embed the photo in the body of the email).
The subject of your email should be your 7-digit ID number and the type of ID you need.
example: 0831196-student or 0831196-nursing).
3. Attach a photo or scanned image of your driver's license or other valid photo identification.
Check WebAdvisor to ensure your listed address is correct and current. If not, you can update it in WebAdvisor.
4. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your ID will be mailed to the address listed in WebAdvisor and may take a few weeks to arrive.
The first card is free, but there is a fee for a replacement/duplicate card, which must be paid at the Cashier's Office prior to the replacement card being issued.
Under College policy, College officials may direct students to identify themselves. They also may ask students who have their Schoolcraft student ID card in their possession to produce that card. Failure to comply with either directive could result in the student being found responsible for a “failure to comply” violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
Identification is also required to access some services and conduct transactions in offices.