Dropping a Class and Refunds
You can drop a class for a full refund up to the day before the first class meets through Ocelot Access online or by written request.
The refund policy is:
- Through the day before the first class meets: 100% of class fees
- Thereafter, no refund
- No refund or transfers for motorcycle classes
To Drop a Class Online with Ocelot Access
- Visit Ocelot Access and click the PPL Non-Credit Student box.
- Log in to your account
- On the left menu, select Personal & Professional Learning (Non-Credit).
- Under registration, click Register and Drop Classes.
- From Under the Action drop down menu, select Remove From List, then click the box next to the class you want to drop and click Submit.
To Drop a Class via Written Request
Walk-in registration services are also available at the McDowell Student Center.
Written requests for refunds must be initiated by the student and can be submitted to the Registration Center in the McDowell Student Center by mail, using the outside drop box, or by emailing [email protected]. The request must contain the following:
- Student name.
- Student ID number.
- Class number, section number.
- A brief statement requesting the refund, signature and date.
Credit card payments will be credited to the last account used for payment. All other refunds will be issued to the student by check and mailed to the student’s address on record, or by direct deposit. See Bank Info—Direct Deposit under the My Account heading in the Ocelot Access Students menu to select the direct deposit refund option.