Wayne County Regional Police Training Academy
Academy Training Center
31777 Industrial Road
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Must apply in person and with a valid driver’s license.
Winter 2023 Police Academy
|Applications Available||August 15, 2022|
|Application Deadline||November 14, 2022|
|Interview Date (tentative)||Week of December 5, 2022|
|Academy Orientation||January 20, 2023|
|Academy Starts||January 23, 2023|
|Graduation||May 18, 2023|
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Good moral character
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- No license suspension in the last 5 years
- No serious violations in the last 5 years
- No more than 3 minor violations within the past 3 years
- Must have successfully completed the MCOLES reading/writing test
- Must have successfully completed MCOLES Physical Fitness Agility Test after July 25, 2022.
(Test dates found at www.Michigan.gov/mcoles)
- Associate Degree upon graduation of the Academy (if no Associate’s Degree, must have at least 41 semester credits in Criminal Justice, contact counselor to obtain your application to graduate)
Waiver of Associate Degree for prior Military Police Officers with a minimum of 2080 hours military law enforcement experience. Waiver issued by MCOLES based on an honorable discharge and review of properly executed DD-214.