Writing Support Studio
Welcome to the Writing Support Studio, a service provided by the Schoolcraft College Learning Center to all currently enrolled students.
To ensure availability of services, the Learning Center will offer remote academic support in addition to in-person support.
Our consultants will work with each visitor for approximately one hour at a time. The student may input the suggestions for revision elsewhere and then return to the Writing Support Studio. For more information, please contact the Learning Center: 734-462-4436.
Our Peer Consultants can:
- Peer-review student writing in all disciplines
- Help students with organization, structure, and style
- Assist students with grammar and mechanics
- Provide an opportunity for revision and refinement of structure and content
- Offer a fresh, objective set of eyes to check for precision and concision
To the students visiting the Writing Support Studio:
- Bring all work in process.
- Provide instructor’s directions and rubric.
- Visit the Writing Support Studio well in advance of your deadline.
Remote Drop-in Writing Support:
Join the virtual environment with the link below. For instructions on how to attend virtual drop-in, please download the User Guide (PDF).
- The Remote Learning Center is available by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment by contacting the LC.
- Once signed in, staff will provide additional guidance.
- For the best experience, use Google Chrome.
- To ensure quality of services, please consider practicing appropriate netiquette. For tips, view the Netiquette for Remote Learning Guide (PDF).
Use of remote services requires:
- Internet connection
- Google Chrome browser
- Device(s) with audio and video conferencing capabilities
Remote Peer Review by E-mail
Writing Support Studio provides peer guidance on written assignments via email. Once you have submitted your assignment, a Peer Consultant will review and respond with suggestions for revision.
How to send your essay to the Writing Support Studio:
- Subject Line: Writing Help
- In the body of your email include: your full name, student number, professor’s name, and course number.
- Identify your questions, stage in the writing process, and/or perceived needs.
- Provide your instructor’s expectations (assignment sheet and/or rubric).
- Share your essay with [email protected] via Google Drive or as an attached Word document.
- Please expect up to a three-day turn around for all online papers.