October 18, 2023
The Schoolcraft College Office of Equity & Engagement and IDEA Fellows proudly presents: Emerging Leadership in Social Justice Workshop moderated by Hakim Crampton, Director of The Academic Mentoring & Education Network.
Location: Vistatech Center, Wilson Room 205
- Students will learn the correlation between Rawls Theory of Justice and today’s work in social, racial, and criminal justice led by emerging scholars across colleges and universities.
- Students will be introduced to the history of Advocacy in Social Justice.
- Students will learn how to identify what constitutes Social Justice.
- Students will learn the key concepts of Advocacy and Solution Based Message framing.
- Students will learn to apply Solution Based Advocacy strategies to Social Justice issues.