The honors program supports and collaborates with several service and learning partners on campus. Honors students contribute a significant number of hours each year with these partners in their work as tutors, facilitators, leaders and agents of change.
- Ambassadors represent Schoolcraft College’s student body. They receive $500 scholarship per semester for their service to the college. They give campus tours and support programs and activities posted by the college.
- Amnesty International Club focuses on preventing and ending abuses to physical and mental rights, integrity, freedom and freedom of discrimination. They strive to bring awareness of race and culture on the campus, provide diversity training, and collaborate with other groups to promote diversity and humanitarian rights.
- International Institute strives to enhance the international content of course work, programs, and other college activities so participants appreciate both the diversities and commonalities among world cultures, and better understand the global forces shaping people’s lives.
- Veterans Resource Center provides assistance to veterans and military members as prospective or current students. They are able to provide assistance with the VA educational benefits application process, academic advising, course selection, and more.
- Pageturners is the book club of Schoolcraft College. It is open to all students, faculty, staff, administrators and community friends. The books are available for purchase at a 40% discount at Bradner library, student activities office or Radcliff Center. Discussion sessions are facilitated by Schoolcraft students.
- Phi Theta Kappa is the International Honor Society for students in two year colleges. The Omicron Iota is the Schoolcraft chapter of Phi Theta Kappa. To be members, students need to complete twelve credit hours with a 3.5 or higher GPA. Orientations are given each fall and winter. Call the Student Activities office for more information.
- Writing Support Studio is a service provided by the Schoolcraft College Learning Center. Peer Writing Consultants have received specialized training in order to assist other Schoolcraft College students with written assignments. They provide direction about how to improve the quality of written work.
Qualifications, Applications, and Forms related to the Campus Partners can be found through the above links.