Michigan Reconnect Scholarship
Michigan Reconnect is a scholarship program that pays for you to attend Schoolcraft college tuition-free.
How do you become eligible for Reconnect?
- Apply for Reconnect beginning February 2
- Submit a FAFSA application for financial aid, including submission of any additional documents that are requested
- Register for classes (minimum of 6 credit hours) to be eligible
You can use the scholarship to complete an associate degree or a skill certificate program. Reconnect is a “last dollar*” scholarship.
What is the eligibility criteria?
- Be at least 25 years old when you applied
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
- Must maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA in your registered courses while receiving Reconnect
Will Reconnect cover my tuition & fees?
Reconnect will cover the Resident rate of tuition for all resident and non-resident students. Reconnect will also cover all mandatory fees not covered by other tuition restricted aid as listed:
- Infrastructure Fee
- Registration Fee
- Instructional Equipment Fee
- Service Fee
- Excess Contact Hour Fee
Maximum eligibility time frame for Reconnect is 4 years.
*Last dollar means this award will only pay for eligible charges that are not covered by Pell Grant, Tuition Incentive Program (TIP), or any other tuition restricted awards.
For additional support, call 517-636-7000 or email [email protected]