Services we offer:
- Drop-in Tutoring—free tutoring provided by peer tutors
- Peer Assisted Learning (PAL)—peer led, class-specific learning assistance
- Writing Support Studio—Peer Writing Consultants
- International Learning Support
- JumpStart! Math Class Prep
- Continuing Education/LAC classes in mathematics, grammar, reading, writing, ESL
- Workshops on college survival, note-taking, test preparation, study skills, career choices, global issues, etc.
- Community Bridge Programs with local middle schools and high schools
- Pre-Student Teaching Practicum
- Exam-A-Rama, the LAC’s final exam reviews
- Live Webinars
The Learning Assistance Center plans to continue to grow with the mission of Schoolcraft College and Learning Support Services firmly planted in our roots. To ensure we are meeting the needs of our students, the LAC is a firm participant in continuous quality improvement and performs ongoing program evaluations and student and employee surveys throughout the school year. Our International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC) through the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is yet another step toward improving the service we provide to our students, benefiting both our tutors and Schoolcraft College.
LAC Mission Statement
The mission of the Learning Assistance Center’s tutoring program is to aid all Schoolcraft students in achieving a transformational learning experience by providing quality learning support services. The LAC assists students in becoming independent learners by helping them to acquire the skills necessary to attain their educational and personal goals. The LAC also provides students and tutors the opportunity to develop personally, professionally and educationally in an interactive learning environment, preparing them for leadership opportunities in college and beyond.