News and Events
Moving Wall Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Ford Field, Livonia, MI
The Moving Wall is
• A half-size replica of the original Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
• Engraved with the names of 58,318 men and women killed in Vietnam • A place to remember and reflect
• It’s free, open 24-hours
Many activities and displays will enhance this event:
• A motorcycle escort leading the wall to the park
• A ceremony each evening at 6 p.m. (Thursday-Sunday)
• Exceptional traveling museums
• Living encampments by Veterans
• Military vehicles
• A USO-style show with a Vegas-quality “Bob Hope” performer on Friday and Saturday at Stymelski Park
Volunteers are needed (look up names on the wall for visitors, read names aloud at the wall, escort disabled visitors, help keep the area clean, provide information, etc.) Please scroll down for volunteer information.
Commemorative t-shirts (short sleeve only) and limited edition coins will be on sale at the Wall visit. If you are interested in purchasing shirts (long and short sleeved), sweatshirts or hoodies, please visit The Moving Wall Online Store
Thank you to our many sponsors and supporters!
Our Presenting Sponsor is Masco.
If you are interested in volunteering during The Moving Wall – Vietnam Veterans Memorial visit, please use the form below to provide us with your name, address, phone number and email address. Thank you!
To view volunteer positions and sign up for a shift, please visit our The Moving Wall Vietnam Memorial Visit Volunteer Sign Up.
To volunteer to help read the names on The Wall, please visit our The Moving Wall Vietnam Memorial Visit Reading of the Names Volunteer Sign Up.
Clicking on the links will take you to Sign Up Genius.
All volunteers must complete a waiver to participate. Download the waiver.
Send your completed form, or for more information, email us at VietnamMovingWall@ci.livonia.mi.us or call (734)466-2201