HIT Club Scholarships
Faculty Academic Scholarship
There will be a Faculty Academic Scholarship awarded for both the Coding Certificate Program as well as the Health Information Technology Program. You must take the following steps in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Visit www.schoolcraft.edu/scholarshipsearch.
- Sign in using the same username and password as Blackboard or your Schoolcraft e-mail.
- Complete the general online scholarship application.
- Once completed, submit your online general scholarship application by clicking the Finish and Continue button.
- Locate the department that you wish to complete an application for from the list provided. (i.e. Coding and/or Health Information Technology).
- Click on the apply button.
- Complete the additional criteria provided for the Faculty scholarships. For the Coding and HIT Faculty Scholarships. You must have 12 credit hours at Schoolcraft prior to the Fall semester and a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- For the Coding and HIT scholarships there are additional steps.
- Compose a letter that includes 1) current extracurricular activities relating to your program (i.e. attendance or assistance at professional HIM meetings, volunteerism, HIT club membership/leadership, work); 2) the need for the scholarship and 3) your reason for selecting coding or HIM as a career.
- Upload your letter.
- Once completed, submit the department scholarship application by clicking the Finish and Continue button.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Financial Aid by phone at 734-462-4433 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Scholarship Winners
- Cathy McCormick
- Hetal Modi
- Angela Pate
- Jennifer Bargowski
- Ritu Agrawal
- Laurie Brenton
- Cheryl Solomon