Transfer Out of Schoolcraft for a Bachelor's Degree

Many students come to Schoolcraft College to complete the first two years of college coursework before transferring to a four-year institution. We have teamed with nearly all of the private and public institutions in Michigan and created several different tools to make transferring much easier.

Learn More About Your Options for Transfer

Individual Courses

Colleges provide transfer guides for many of their popular majors. Use the college's equivalency table if your major is not listed.

Most transfer guides include general education, pre-major and elective courses. Work with your academic advisor to create a degree and transfer plan.

Transfer Guides

Michigan Transfer Agreement

The MTA is a selection of general education courses that are intended to transfer out to a university and satisfy their lower level general education requirements. You can complete the MTA with a few as 30 credits.  All course grades must be a 2.0 or higher.  Schoolcraft academic advisors understand the MTA and can help you select the right courses.  

Students who have met the MTA requirements can request the MTA endorsement by emailing Please include your name and Schoolcraft student ID number. 

Michigan Transfer Agreement

Associate's Degrees

Complete the first 60 credits of your college courses here before transferring and earn an Associate's Degree from Schoolcraft College.

Schoolcraft Associate Degrees

Transfer More Credits Toward a Bachelor's Degree

Some universities allow you to take additional credits at Schoolcraft beyond your Associate's Degree. This may be a special agreement called an Articulation Agreement or 3+1 with specific course plans to follow.  Other bachelor's degree programs with generous transfer credit policies are also listed here.

Special Transfer Agreements