Is the section you want ever full by the time you register? If so, we have news for you. You have the opportunity to put yourself on a waitlist for most traditional credit courses.
What do you need to do?
First, check your WebAdvisor account to ensure that the email address we have on file is accurate/current. If not, update it. We'll be using that to notify you if a seat opens in the section you want.
How does waitlist work?
- If the section of the class you want is already full, you can place yourself on the waitlist through WebAdvisor.
- Should a spot become available, we will email you permission to register.
- Register (using Manage my Waitlist option in WebAdvisor) and pay before the specified date and time in the email or your permission to register will expire and the seat will be offered to the next student on the waitlist.
- Students enrolling from the waitlist once the class starts must obtain instructor consent and visit the Registration Center during normal business hours BEFORE the deadline in your waitlist email. If you are unable to register in person BEFORE the deadline, call (734) 462-4426 for additional assistance. Students who have not used waitlisting, or who are overloading, need to bring the instructor consent within two business days of receipt. Consents expire after two business days and will not be honored. Students are responsible for all the work that they have missed prior to officially being registered in the course. It is left to the discretion of the instructor whether missed assignments will be accepted or graded.
- It is your responsibility to drop any sections for which you registered and paid and the available waitlisted section duplicates. Failure to do so will result in paying for two sections of the same course.
Waitlisting is not available for courses in the Michigan Colleges Online, Culinary Arts, and non-credit/CEPD area.