- This event has passed.
Understanding Financial Management
May 24 @ 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Are balance sheets intimidating to you? Learn to finesse every aspect of your business by becoming confident in your knowledge of the basics of financial management. Course topics include:
- Using key financial statements
- Accounting language, including debits and credits
- Preparation of balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Cash flow analysis and break even
This class will take place via Zoom. Please make sure that Personal & Professional Learning (PPL) has your current email address as log-in directions will be sent by email.
Registration is a two-step process; please complete Steps 1 & 2 below:
Step 1: Register and pay for seminar via Schoolcraft College’s Ocelot Access
- Go to schoolcraft.edu and choose the Ocelot Access (formerly WebAdvisor) tab to register and pay.
- Choose PPL Non-Credit Student.
- Select Register and Pay for Personal and Professional Learning Classes.
- Scroll down to insert the 6-digit Section Number 920763 or the 4-digit CES Number 1755.
- Check the box to select the course for “Understanding Financial Management” and SUBMIT.
- Complete personal and payment information to complete Step 1.
If you experience problems registering, contact the Answer Center at 734-462- 4426.
Step 2: Register with the MI-SBDC (Michigan Small Business Development Center
- Go to https://michigansbdc.org/ (or enter the URL in your browser window)
- Hover over Get Started
- Select, from drop-down menu, Training + Events
- View Events/Workshops
- Locate specific class you wish to attend
- Follow Register prompt