- This event has passed.
Understanding Financial Management — [CANCELLED]
October 7, 2021 @ 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Important Note: The Understanding Financial Management class for October 7 is cancelled.
This class will be facilitated by a CPA and will cover the basics of small business financial management. Topics covered include:
- Using key financial statements
- Accounting language, including debits and credits
- Preparation of balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Cash flow analysis and break even
This class will take place via Zoom. Please make sure that Personal & Professional Learning (PPL) has your current email address as log-in directions will be sent by email.
Registration is a two-step process:
Step 1: Register and pay for seminar via Schoolcraft College’s WebAdvisor
- Go to WebAdvisor and choose Personal & Professional Learning (Non-Credit) to register and pay.
- Choose Register and Pay for Personal & Professional Learning Classes under Registration.
- Scroll down to insert the 6-digit section number 940710 or the 4 digit CES Number 1720.
- Check the box to select the course for “Understanding Financial Management” and Submit.
- Complete personal and payment information to complete Step 1.
- If you experience problems registering, contact the Answer Center at 734-462- 4426.
Step 2: Register with the Michigan Small Business Development Center (MI-SBDC)
- Go to MI-SBDC to register for the “Understanding Financial Management” course.
- Enter your email address and select Continue. If you are already in our database it will ask for a password. If you do not know your password, the Send Verification Code button can be used.
- Confirm registration information and select Register to complete Step 2.