- This event has passed.
Business Legal-EASE — [CANCELLED]
November 16, 2021 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
[Note: This event has been cancelled.]
Manage compliance and stay up to date on the legal and business environment.
Topics covered include:
- Tax and liability issues
- Basic elements of a contract
- Employment and property issues
- Leasing and insurance.
This class will be facilitated by an attorney with expertise to guide perspective business owners in setting up the organizational structure to help protect them from unnecessary legal challenges.
This class will take place via Zoom. Please make sure that Personal and Professional Learning (PPL) has your current email address as log-in directions will be sent by email.
Registration is a two-step process; please complete Steps 1 & 2 below:
Step 1: Register and pay for seminar via Schoolcraft College’s Ocelot Access
- Go to schoolcraft.edu and choose the Ocelot Access (formerly WebAdvisor) tab to register and pay.
- Choose PPL Non-Credit Student.
- Select Register and Pay for Personal and Professional Learning Classes.
- Scroll down to insert the 6-digit Section Number 940710 or the 4-digit CES Number 1720.
- Check the box to select the course for “Understanding Financial Management” and SUBMIT.
- Complete personal and payment information to complete Step 1. If you experience problems registering, contact the Answer Center at 734-462-4426.
Step 2: Register with the Michigan Small Business Development Center (MI-SBDC)
- Go to MI-SBDC to register for the “Business Legal Issues” course on September 30, 2021.
- Enter your email address and select Continue. If you are already in our database it will ask for a password. If you do not know your password, the Send Verification Code button can be used.
- Confirm registration information and select Register to complete Step 2.