As our country navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, The Schoolcraft College Foundation is offering scholarships awards of up to $500 per student to enroll in Spring/Summer distance learning (online) courses. A total of approximately $50,000 is available for scholarships in a new Distance Learning Scholarship Fund.
For many Americans the new norm is to work and learn from home. Schoolcraft College is prepared to offer quality classes in a virtual environment to ensure your education continues. Advisors are available to assist, and online support is available for those who are new to online learning.
“Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the Schoolcraft College Foundation is able to offer students an outstanding opportunity to make progress on their educational goals during this time of crisis,” said Schoolcraft College Vice President Dr. Cheryl M. Hagen. “We’ve been able to transition nearly all of our traditional, lecture-type classes to a distance-learning format with excellent levels of support for students who may be new to online learning.”
Further, these scholarships can help a variety of students: current students, returning adults, high school seniors keeping up with classes, college students seeking transferable courses, and more.
Registration starts this Saturday
- Registration for Spring 2020, Summer 2020 and Fall 2020 semester classes opens at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 28.
- Go to schoolcraft.edu for links to course schedules and registration information.
- Please know that during this challenging time, the staff of Schoolcraft College is committed to serving its students and the community. To help, we are:
- Temporarily suspending the three-day deadline to pay for classes after registering.
- Encouraging students to explore all options for scholarships and financial aid, including the Distance Learning Scholarship Fund. Click here to get started.
- Offering more classes than ever in distance-learning formats.
Many ways to help
Because of donations to the Schoolcraft College Foundation Greatest Needs Fund, the college, has been able to address urgent student and institutional needs as we continue to navigate the coronavirus pandemic. Besides the Distance Learning Scholarship Fund, the Foundation has funded:
- Materials for students to be able to complete some lab classes online.
- A Lap Top Loan program for students to finish their courses online.
Donations to any of these funds are greatly appreciated and can be made to the Schoolcraft College Foundation.