Learn everything you want to know about government contracting
This class outlines the first steps for passionate entrepreneurs and businesses wishing to gain access to the world’s largest customer (508 billion dollars in goods and services each year). Participants explore how to initially set-up, find opportunities, market, explore small business benefits, sell to the US Government, and take advantage of PTAC resources and services. Doing business in this marketplace takes time, energy, and patience, but the payoff can be very rewarding.
Please note this session is restricted to businesses located in our service area Wayne, Oakland, Monroe, Washtenaw and Livingston counties.
Participants will be able to:
· Register in System for Award Management (SAM), required for federal contractors
· Determine ways to find opportunities
· Identify and describe benefits of each small business program
· Market products and services to the government
· Use PTAC services
Who should attend:
Company owners and/or decision makers, in a stable business for more than two years, who are interested in selling their products/services to the Federal Government through the contracting process.
Access WebAdvisor or enter the following URL in your browser window: https://webadvisor.schoolcraft.edu
- Select Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes”
- Insert appropriate CESB (1354) or Section Number (825005) for the date of the class you want to attend.
- Pay by credit card when registering via the Web. Please have your credit card information at hand.
- Contact the Admissions and Enrollment Center at 734-462-4426 if you experience problems registering.