1. Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Cumulative Schoolcraft GPA minimum of 2.0,
- Cumulative Schoolcraft Completion Rate* of 67% or better,
- Attempted fewer than 150% of the student’s official Schoolcraft College academic program requirements, including Schoolcraft credits and those transferred in.
*Completion Rate is calculated by dividing the number of credits completed by the number attempted. For example, if a student registers for 12 credit hours, withdraws from 4 credits and passes the other 8 credit hours, their completion rate would be
8/12= .66 (66%).
2. Remain in a valid program of study
- Invalid programs include: Non-Degree Seeking, Undecided, Education Transfer, Health Transfer, and Guest.
- Programs can be updated at the Registration Center.
3. Maintain at least 6 credit hours
- In order to qualify for federal student loans, students must be in at least 6 credits hours each semester they are receiving a loan.
- Always check with the Office of Financial Aid before dropping or withdrawing from a class.
4. Attend your classes
- Instructors are required to report attendance to the Office of Financial Aid to meet federal requirements. If you are reported as not attending one or more of your courses, your federal aid may be reduced or declined. You will be responsible for any balance to the college this adjustment causes.
5. Loan Reduction or Cancellation
Student loans may be re-calculated at any time based on certain situations. Some of these situations (not all inclusive) are:
- You enroll in only late start courses
- You fall below 6 credit hours
- It is reported you are not attending class(es)
- You receive additional assistance (ex: scholarship, employee tuition grants)
- You withdraw from courses