Welding - WELD 119
Gas Tungsten Inert Arc Welding (G.T.A.W./ T.I.G.)
3 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours2 Laboratory Hours
Theory and fundamentals of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (G.T.A.W.) will be explored. This method of metal fusion is capable of producing very high quality welds in virtually all metals and one of the few methods of welding some of the more difficult to weld metals. The course is designed to provide entry level employability and solid foundation for more advanced courses.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate skills in setup and operation of G.T.A.W. equipment.
- Explain the use of process consumables used to produce quality welds.
- Demonstrate skills in producing good quality welds on carbon steel.
- Demonstrate skills welding non ferrous metals such as Aluminum and stainless steel.
- Produce quality welds in out of position operations.
- Prepare Tungsten properly for welding applications.
- Identify several classes of Tungsten.
- Exercise safety procedures when welding stainless steel.
- Determine proper weld bead size for various thicknesses of metal.
- Identify different materials that would contaminate Tungsten weld beads.
- Explain the use of materials that could be used to clean and prep metal before welding.
- Diagnose causes of weld defects in Tungsten welds.
| ||119||543816||Gas Tung Inert Arc||MEC||3||Debord T||1/10/0||Open||$310.00||T 01:00 PM-02:54 PM MEC420
T 03:00 PM-05:54 PM MEC440
| ||119||543884||Gas Tung Inert Arc||MEC||3||Stuart D||0/10/0||Closed||$310.00||W 05:00 PM-06:54 PM MEC420
W 07:00 PM-09:54 PM MEC440
| ||119||513807||Gas Tung Inert Arc||MEC||3||Debord T||10/10/0||Open||$310.00||W 01:00 PM-01:54 PM MEC420
W 02:00 PM-04:54 PM MEC430
| ||119||513851||Gas Tung Inert Arc||MEC||3||Stuart D||10/10/0||Open||$310.00||W 06:00 PM-06:54 PM MEC420
W 07:00 PM-09:54 PM MEC430
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday