Theatre - THEA 210
Acting 1 - Theory and Elements
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
An introduction into the theories of acting. Students study the role of voice, body movement and character development as it relates to acting. In addition, students are introduced to modern drama and productions.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the role of actors in a modern drama performance.
- Differentiate acting requirements for live and recorded performances.
- Determine elements of an effective actor.
- Compare theories of acting.
- Compare and contrast theories in characterization development.
- Analyze a performance.
- Translate terminology used in performances.
- Explain how actors control the vocal instrument.
- Explain the role of discipline in acting.
| ||210||142205||Acting 1 Theory El||RMT||3||Beer P||19/24/0||Open||$12.00||M 01:00 PM-03:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||210||142252||Acting 1 Theory El||RMT||3||Beer P||21/24/0||Open||$12.00||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||210||112205||Acting 1 Theory El||HYBMC||3||Beer P||7/12/0||Open||$12.00||M 01:00 PM-02:26 PM WEBWEB
W 01:00 PM-02:26 PM LA500
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday