World Languages (Spanish) - SPAN 102
4 Credit Hours4 Lecture Hours
This course is a continuation of SPAN 101 and continues to review the basic Spanish vocabulary and grammar patterns and to build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of Hispanic culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- SPAN 101 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or one year of high school Spanish or equivalent language knowledge.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of elementary Spanish texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in elementary Spanish.
- Discriminate among distinctive elementary Spanish sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken elementary Spanish.
- Pronounce elementary Spanish words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Spanish clearly and accurately with elementary fluency.
- Integrate elementary Spanish vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply elementary rules of Spanish grammar, syntax, tense and gender correctly.
- Communicate effectively in elementary Spanish through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare elementary aspects of Spanish and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore some aspects of Hispanic culture.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for further exploration of the Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
| ||102||140407||Elementary Spanish 2||RMT||4||Borroni L||19/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 10:00 AM-11:54 AM WEBWEB
| ||102||142725||Elementary Spanish 2||ONL||4||Gulledge K||1/31/1||Closed||$12.00||
| ||102||112989||Elementary Spanish 2||ONL||4||Gulledge K||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||102||110411||Elementary Spanish 2||RMT||4||Nofz A||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 12:30 PM-02:24 PM WEBWEB
| ||102||112418||Elementary Spanish 2||ONL||4||Nofz A||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday