World Languages (Spanish) - SPAN 101
4 Credit Hours4 Lecture Hours
This course is intended for students who have no previous education in Spanish. The course will cover basic vocabulary and grammar patterns and will build competence in all four skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Through varied activities, emphasis will be placed on oral proficiency and communication. An appreciation of Hispanic culture will be an integral part of the course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the meaning of beginning Spanish texts.
- Write grammatically correct sentences in beginning Spanish.
- Discriminate among distinctive beginning Spanish sounds.
- Interpret the meaning of spoken beginning Spanish.
- Pronounce beginning Spanish words, phrases and sentences correctly.
- Speak Spanish clearly and accurately with beginning fluency.
- Integrate beginning Spanish vocabulary into simple sentences, paragraphs and dialog.
- Apply beginning rules of Spanish grammar, syntax, tense and gender correctly.
- Communicate effectively in beginning Spanish through reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Compare beginning aspects of Spanish and English grammar and syntax.
- Explore some aspects of Hispanic culture.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for further exploration of the Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
| ||101||142408||Elementary Spanish 1||ONL||4||Gulledge K||0/31/10||Closed||$12.00||
| ||101||140405||Elementary Spanish 1||RMT||4||Nofz A||9/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 12:00 PM-01:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||101||140406||Elementary Spanish 1||RMT||4||Nofz A||5/24/0||Open||$12.00||T R 12:00 PM-01:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||101||140454||Elementary Spanish 1||RMT||4||Borroni L||20/24/0||Open||$12.00||M W 06:00 PM-07:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||101||142362||Elementary Spanish 1||ONL||4||Nofz A||6/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||101||142400||Elementary Spanish 1||ONL||4||Gulledge K||1/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday