Supply Chain Management - SCM 100
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This supply chain management course clearly explains what supply chain management (SCM) is and how it can be essential for a company's success. By taking this course, you will learn about how a supply chain management system encompasses the flow of goods and services leading to the end user. You will be shown how to achieve excellence in supply chain management, which will make you a valuable asset for any business competing in a global environment.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explore Supply Chain Management (SCM) as a career choice.
- Identify the basic principles of SCM.
- Acquire knowledge of commonly used acronyms used in SCM.
- Examine how technology impacts SCM.
- Evaluate the importance of teamwork on SCM efficiency.
- Examine how Logistics impacts SCM.
- Examine how Operations impacts SCM.
- Examine how Purchasing impacts SCM.
- Examine how Distribution impacts SCM.
- Explain the principles of inventory management.
- Identify various concepts that have evolved due to the growth in SCM.
- Explain product manufacturing and manufacturing planning.
- Explore the critical nature of efficient manufacturing planning and delivery timing.
- Acquire a basic understanding of SCM financial reporting.
- Examine the role of Ethics as is relates to SCM.
- Acquire the knowledge of potential risks to the product supply chain.
| ||100||118250||Intro Supply Chain||RMT||3||Donovan S||13/31/0||Open||$12.00||T 06:00 PM-08:52 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday