Physical Education - PE 291
Movement Science Internship
3 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours12/40 Off-site Hours without Faculty
This course will provide the student with a capstone opportunity to apply movement science theory and practice within a mentored environment. This is an applied course within Occupational Programs specializing in the field of movement science and is a cooperative assignment for students who have completed the prerequisites for this course. Employment will be approximately 12-40 hours per week at the employer's location. The final grade will be based on a joint evaluation by the college and the employer. Students registered in this internship course are considered Schoolcraft College students with all rights, responsibilities and privileges of a student. Internships may be paid or unpaid based upon placement. Department permission is required before registering for this course. An internship seminar every three weeks will provide students with the opportunity to share and evaluate their experience in a time-critical manner.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- PE 212 with a minimum grade of 3.0.
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 at Schoolcraft College.
- Consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the organizational structure of the internship site.
- Complete the paperwork chain from member/client entry through the exercise program design.
- Participate in fitness assessment data collection and evaluation of member/clients.
- Conduct equipment orientations and program reviews for the members/clients.
- Analyze the risk-management efforts of the internship site.
- Relate with staff in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Perform duties in a professional manner (i.e., dress, professional ethics, work ethic and formal communications).
- Perform other fitness-related duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Participate in a member/client exercise program design interview and consultation.
- Identify internship site budget revenue sources.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday