Physical Education - PE 240
Physical Education for Elementary Teachers
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
Students will receive instruction in the use of basic movement, games, relays, stunts and organization for the early and later elementary grades. Emphasis is on the organization for P.E. at these levels. Students are required to make arrangements for observation of elementary classes during the latter part of the semester. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Differentiate between the physical characteristics of elementary school children of various ages.
- Identify the physical education needs of elementary school children.
- Identify physical activities which are appropriate of elementary school children.
- Construct an elementary school physical education observation schedule.
- Demonstrate movement principles and techniques.
- Practice leading children in various movement experiences in a proper teaching progression.
- Correlate the benefits of physical activity to the wellness aspects of the individual.
- Identify the administrative aspects of the school physical education program.
- Summarize current articles related to elementary school physical education.
| ||240||145992||Phy Ed Elem Teacher||HYBMC||3||Fedewa D||20/24/0||Open||$12.00||T 07:00 PM-09:54 PM PE100
T 07:00 PM-09:54 PM PE210
| ||240||115958||Phy Ed Elem Teacher||MC||3||Fedewa D||8/12/0||Open||$12.00||M 07:00 PM-08:54 PM PE100
M 09:00 PM-09:54 PM PE140
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday