Physical Education - PE 207
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course will introduce the student to the full spectrum of fitness facility operations. Topics will include marketing, membership, budgeting, staffing, facility design, equipment selection, standard operation procedures, facility programming and risk management.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain the rationale and scope of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) standards and guidelines for facility operations.
- Identify the various functions of front desk operations.
- Compare various fitness facility staffing models.
- Explain the importance of the fitness facility budget.
- Explain the rationale for an on-going fitness facility risk management focus.
- Describe factors influencing fitness facility exercise equipment options.
- Describe key factors influencing fitness facility design.
- Explain how marketing relates to fitness facility operations.
- Describe the impact of facility programming on fitness facility success.
- Describe the impact of facility cleanliness on fitness facility success.
- Apply the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur to fitness facility operations.
Currently no sections of this class are being offered.
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday