Nursing - NURS 106
Foundations in Nursing Practice 2
4.5 Credit Hours2.5 Lecture Hours6 Off-site Hours with Faculty
This course provides a continuation to Foundations of Nursing Practice 1. It emphasizes application of the nursing process and critical thinking skills while utilizing evidence-based principles of nursing in providing basic care for chronically ill and elderly clients within the practical and registered nurse scope of practice. Theoretical content focuses on fundamental nursing concepts and skills. Clinical experiences occur in laboratory, clinical and community settings utilizing an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply the nursing process to clients with nutrition, fluid and electrolyte alterations.
- Apply communication, caring, psychosocial and physiological concepts to adult and elderly clients and their families.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with sleep/rest alterations.
- Apply the nursing process to clients with comfort alterations.
- Apply the nursing process in meeting the learning needs of adult clients.
- Adhere to legal and ethical guidelines when providing nursing care.
- Apply the nursing process to provide culturally competent care.
- Apply the nursing process to provide care to meet spiritual needs.
- Apply the nursing process to clients and families experiencing grief and loss.
- Apply the nursing process to clients receiving medications via oral, enteral, topical, transdermal, eye, ear, inhalation, rectal, vaginal routes.
- Apply the nursing process to clients receiving medications via parenteral routes.
- Demonstrate designated clinical competencies.
- Demonstrate proficiency on select standardized computer assessments.
- Demonstrate proficiency with medication dosage calculations.
| ||106||115732||Foun Nurs Prac 2||HYBMC||4.5||Mott M||2/32/0||Open||$609.00||M 08:00 AM-01:18 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday