Music - MUSIC 204
Keyboard Skills for Piano Teachers 3
2 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours
This is the third course in the Keyboard Skills for Piano Teachers sequence. It is designed to give piano teachers the necessary keyboard skills for teaching late intermediate through early advanced level students. The course will cover technical exercises, harmonization, transposition and sight-reading material using the standards of the Michigan Music Teachers Association, the National Piano Guild, the Royal Conservatory of Music (Canada) and other recognized testing organizations.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Perform scales, arpeggios, chord progressions and technical exercises up to the early advanced level.
- Teach scales, arpeggios, chord progressions and technical exercises through the early advanced level.
- Analyze sight reading material through the early advanced level.
- Sequence sight reading material through the early advanced level.
- Develop keyboard harmonization and transposition programs for late intermediate to early advanced students.
- Demonstrate comprehensive musicianship for early advanced level piano study reflecting state and national standards.
| ||204||147142||Piano Teachers 3||RMT||2||Ascheri G||6/10/0||Open||$37.00||F 10:00 AM-11:54 AM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday