Music - MUSIC 144
Practice Teaching and Practicum in Piano Teaching 2
2 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
Piano teachers will learn to create and present effective lesson plans. Topics include repertoire, theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position through the second semester of piano study. Students will have the opportunity to observe other teachers as well as early intermediate piano students in the Schoolcraft Piano Academy and in the community. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Teach lessons effectively for early intermediate piano study.
- Create lesson plans for early intermediate piano lessons.
- Demonstrate effective timing in an early intermediate piano lesson.
- Identify appropriate repertoire for early intermediate piano study.
- Construct early intermediate piano lesson plans that include theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position.
- Critique video recordings of one's own teaching of the early intermediate piano student.
| ||144||148148||Prac Teach Piano 2||RMT||2||Ascheri G||8/10/0||Open||$37.00||R 01:00 PM-01:54 PM WEBWEB
R 02:00 PM-02:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||144||117108||Prac Teach Piano 2||RMT||2||Ascheri G||10/10/0||Open||$37.00||R 01:00 PM-02:54 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday