Music - MUSIC 143
Practice Teaching and Practicum in Piano Teaching 1
2 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours1 Laboratory Hours
Piano teachers will learn to create and present effective lesson plans. Topics include repertoire, theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position for beginning piano study. Students will have the opportunity to observe other teachers as well as beginning piano students in the Schoolcraft Piano Academy and in the community. This course requires all students must meet the requirements of a criminal background check.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Teach lessons effectively for beginning piano study.
- Create lesson plans for beginning piano lessons.
- Demonstrate effective timing in a beginning piano lesson.
- Identify appropriate repertoire for beginning piano study.
- Construct beginning lesson plans that include theory concepts, rhythm, tone, touch and hand position.
- Critique video recordings of one's own teaching of the beginning piano student.
| ||143||148142||Prac Teach Piano 1||RMT||2||Ascheri G||8/10/0||Open||$37.00||R 01:00 PM-01:54 PM WEBWEB
R 02:00 PM-02:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||143||117107||Prac Teach Piano 1||RMT||2||Ascheri G||10/10/0||Open||$37.00||R 01:00 PM-02:54 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday