Music - MUSIC 104
Basic Materials in Music Theory
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course provides a step by step approach to the fundamentals of music including notation, scales, intervals and triads.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Read fundamental pitch and rhythmic notation in the treble and bass staff.
- Write fundamental pitch and rhythmic notation in the treble and bass staff.
- Construct major scales and all forms of minor scales.
- Identify all major and minor key signatures.
- Construct all major and minor key signatures.
- Construct traditional intervals that identify distance between pitches.
- Construct major, minor, diminished, and augmented triads.
- Write simple rhythms derived from aural dictation.
- Notate intervals on treble or bass staff through aural dictation.
| ||104||141806||Basic Materials Music Theory||RMT||3||Polot B||12/20/0||Open||$22.00||M 01:00 PM-02:20 PM WEBWEB
W 01:00 PM-02:20 PM WEBWEB
| ||104||141807||Basic Materials Music Theory||RMT||3||Polot B||10/20/0||Open||$22.00||M 10:30 AM-11:50 AM WEBWEB
W 10:30 AM-11:50 AM WEBWEB
| ||104||141856||Basic Materials Music Theory||RMT||3||Ha S||12/20/0||Open||$22.00||W 06:00 PM-08:52 PM WEBWEB
| ||104||111817||Basic Materials Music Theory||RMT||3||Drake J||9/20/0||Open||$22.00||M W 10:30 AM-11:50 AM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday