Manufacturing: Advanced Manufacturing - MFG 291
3 Credit Hours1 Lecture Hours12/40 Off-site Hours without Faculty
This is an applied course within Occupational Programs specializing in the field of manufacturing (MFG) and is a cooperative assignment for students who have completed the prerequisites for this course. Employment will be approximately 12 to 40 hours per week off-campus at the employer's location within a manufacturing or related department. The final grade will be based on a joint evaluation by the college and the employer. Students registered in this internship course are considered Schoolcraft College students with all rights, responsibilities and privileges of a student. Internships may be paid or unpaid based upon placement. Department permission is required before registering for this course. The selection of eligible students to register for the course is a competitive process that includes testing, submission of a resume with a cover letter and interviews.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- Minimum of three MFG courses with a minimum average grade of 3.0 and an overall minimum GPA of 2.5 or consent of department.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Apply technical skills to real world projects.
- Apply project management skills by creating and using schedules and work plans.
- Adapt within the social, organizational and technical systems of the workplace.
- Evaluate information so that output can conform to the employer's product or service needs.
- Solve employer manufacturing problems through data analysis and interpretation.
- Maintain manufacturing-related data files and information.
- Relate with staff in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Perform duties in a professional manner (i.e., dress, professional ethics, work ethic and formal communications).
- Adhere to safety guidelines and regulations.
- Perform other manufacturing or related business duties as assigned by supervisor.
| ||291||547412||MFG Internship||RMT||3||Keyes G||5/6/0||Open||$12.00||T 03:00 PM-04:23 PM WEBWEB
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday