Manufacturing: Advanced Manufacturing - MFG 206
Advanced Mastercam (0-4) 3 Cr. Hrs.
The student will use CNC Mastercam software program. This course will address the following machining variables: machining parameters, constructing wire frame models, generating surface models with tool paths, engraving artworks and solid modeling. Operational parameters will be calculated to determine operating capacity of a cutting tool, spindle horsepower, the effects of different types of work piece material and rigidity of the part and respective fixture. The student will learn how to generate coding for 3D wire frame and multi-axis composite surfaces using various modeling techniques.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Create a CAD drawing for machining purposes.
- Develop sequences machining operations.
- Differentiate three toolpath editing functions: translate, rotate and mirror.
- Determine tool path edit functions to simplify the toolpath generation process.
- Distinguish the difference in wireframe, surfaces, solids and primitive solids.
- Create primitive solids.
- Simulate the extruding of solid features.
- Construct a loft solid.
- Demonstrate pocketing toolpaths from solids.
- Demonstrate drilling toolpaths from solids.
- Demonstrate eight roughing functions.
- Apply surface roughing functions to generate CNC programs to rough cut surfaces.
- Edit toolpaths on a computer generated numerical control program based on a toolpath review.
| ||206||145071||Advanced Mastercam|| ||3||Schaffrath M||12/14/0||Open||$160.00||F 05:00 PM-08:54 PM AS170
| ||206||125052||Advanced Mastercam|| ||3||Schaffrath M||12/15/0||Open||$157.00||W 05:00 PM-08:54 PM AS170