Manufacturing: Advanced Manufacturing - MFG 203
Advanced Computer Numerical Control (CNC) (2-4) 3 Cr. Hrs.
This course will cover CNC machining as well as the advanced functions of the controller. All machine-based operational aspects of the CNC machine used in industrial manufacturing plants will be covered. This course will provide a more advanced machining experience.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Determine the manufacturing processes necessary to make a part.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and regulations.
- Use calculator to perform mathematical operations.
- Interpret drawings to write CNC programs.
- Calculate coordinates and dimensions needed for CNC programs.
- Calculate part and feature dimensions and locations.
- Calculate feeds for different materials.
- Calculate speeds for different materials.
- Develop the CNC program to run a part.
- Develop machining operations with Sub-Routine.
- Develop a list of required processes to produce a part in selected quantities.
- Identify cutting tools required for different materials.
- Identify cutting tools required for different quantities.
- Practice work individually and in small teams.
- Develop a program to move work coordinate to a new location.
- Develop a program to turn a part on the CNC Lathe.
- Identify different machine programs.
- Explain programs using “G” and “M” codes.
- Determine the maintenance of the CNC machines.
| ||203||145070||Adv Comp Num Con|| ||3||Schaffrath M||12/14/0||Open||$396.00||W 05:00 PM-10:54 PM AS170
| ||203||125051||Adv Comp Num Con|| ||3||Schaffrath M||19/20/0||Open||$387.00||T 05:00 PM-10:50 PM AS170