Mathematics - MATH 126
College Algebra (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
The function concept, polynomial, rational, exponential and logarithmic functions, curve sketching, graphical analysis of functions, graphical solutions and business applications are the topics included in this course.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 113 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 23 ACT-Math, 29 SAT-Math, 63 CPT-College-Level Math or 230 NGA-Advanced Algebra and Functions.
- MATH 126 is recommended for business and social science majors.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Solve linear, radical and absolute value equations algebraically or graphically.
- Solve polynomial and rational equations algebraically or graphically.
- Solve exponential and logarithmic equations algebraically or graphically.
- Solve linear and absolute value inequalities algebraically or graphically.
- Solve polynomial and rational inequalities algebraically or graphically.
- Sketch graphs of basic functions without the calculator (linear, square, cubic, square root, cube root, absolute value and reciprocal) showing the basic shape of the graph and labeling several plot points to include any x and y intercepts.
- Apply the standard geometric transformations of stretching, shrinking and translating to the basic functions.
- Justify graphs as even or odd by equations and by the graph.
- Determine the domain and range for graphs of functions.
- Determine intervals where a graph for a function is increasing, decreasing or constant.
- Identify local maxima and local minima from graphs of functions.
- Calculate sum, difference, product, quotient and composition of functions including their domain.
- Determine the inverse of a function numerically, algebraically and graphically.
- Graph polynomial functions including the key characteristics.
- Identify real and complex zeroes of a polynomial function by factoring and using synthetic division.
- Graph rational functions including the key characteristics.
- Graph exponential functions and logarithmic functions including the key characteristics.
- Solve application problems using linear and non-linear models (nonlinear may include polynomial, rational, exponential or logarithmic models).
- Construct mathematical models in equation or function form to solve a problem.
| ||126||142911||College Algebra||Online||4||Choraszewski L||5/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||126||142951||College Algebra||Online||4||Choraszewski L||19/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||126||142921||College Algebra||Online||4||Choraszewski L||12/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||126||143019||College Algebra|| ||4||Gueorguieva S||9/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 02:30 PM-04:24 PM BTC320
| ||126||143047||College Algebra|| ||4||Joshi R||4/31/0||Open||$12.00||T R 12:00 PM-01:54 PM BTC320
| ||126||143048||College Algebra|| ||4||Ibrahim S||5/31/0||Open||$12.00||T R 01:00 PM-02:54 PM LA470
| ||126||143078||College Algebra|| ||4||Gueorguieva S||6/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 06:30 PM-08:24 PM BTC170
| ||126||112905||College Algebra||Online||4||Choraszewski L||5/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||126||113042||College Algebra|| ||4||Kuhs A||26/30/0||Open||$12.00||M W 11:30 AM-01:55 PM AS720
| ||126||112769||College Algebra||Online||4||Choraszewski L||3/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||126||113026||College Algebra|| ||4||Choraszewski L||0/31/5||Closed||$12.00||M W 09:00 AM-10:54 AM LA270
| ||126||113036||College Algebra|| ||4||Choraszewski L||0/31/6||Closed||$12.00||T R 09:00 AM-10:54 AM BTC170
| ||126||113037||College Algebra|| ||4||Gueorguieva S||19/31/0||Open||$12.00||T R 02:00 PM-03:54 PM BTC350
| ||126||113046||College Algebra|| ||4||Gueorguieva S||11/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 12:00 PM-01:54 PM BTC160
| ||126||113068||College Algebra|| ||4||Balayeva O||29/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 06:00 PM-07:54 PM LA440
| ||126||113138||College Algebra|| ||4||Gueorguieva S||18/31/0||Open||$12.00||T R 04:00 PM-05:54 PM BTC160
| ||126||113140||College Algebra|| ||4||Ibrahim S||22/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 02:00 PM-03:54 PM LA440
| ||126||216147||College Algebra|| ||4||Balayeva O||28/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 12:00 PM-01:54 PM RC660