Mathematics - MATH 102
Technical Mathematics (4-0) 4 Cr. Hrs.
Technical Mathematics provides the practical mathematics skills needed in a wide variety of occupational programs. Students in this course will address topics including measurement, basic algebra, geometry, right triangle trigonometry, graphing and statistics.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
- MATH 47 with a minimum grade of 2.0 or a minimum score of 16 ACT-Math, 22 SAT-Math, 75 CPT-Arithmetic, 28 CPT-Elementary Algebra, 260 NGA-Arithmetic or 230 NGA-Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra and Statistics.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Utilize knowledge of ratios, percentages and proportions to solve technical application problems.
- Determine measurements using technical tools.
- Apply conversion equations to technical problems.
- Calculate conversions between mixed numbers, fractions, decimals and percents.
- Analyze measurement parameters such as accuracy, precision and tolerance.
- Develop equations and inequalities to represent problems of a technical nature.
- Solve equations of a technical nature with one or two variables.
- Solve linear inequalities.
- Calculate angles, perimeter, area and volume with geometric formulas.
- Solve problems using trigonometric ratios and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Analyze the construction and interpretation of graphs.
- Calculate measures of central tendency of data.
| ||102||143030||Technical Mathematics|| ||4||Shalan S||21/28/0||Open||$12.00||T R 09:00 AM-10:54 AM AS374