Homeland Security - HS 202
Introduction to Emergency Management
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course will provide an overview of emergency management as a career field, discipline and approach to dealing with all-hazards emergency/disaster response. This course will examine major disasters in history and concepts, theory and terminology associated with emergency management.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain terminology, concepts and theories associated with emergency management.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities and the various functions in emergency management.
- Apply emergency management in tabletop exercises.
- Demonstrate mastery of the FEMA standards for emergency management.
- Characterize the evolution of the Emergency Manager.
- Correlate the resources, mitigation and hazards associated with the Emergency Manager.
- Explain the incident command system.
- Compare preparedness, planning and exercises.
- Categorize disasters.
| ||202||347651||Intro Emergency Managment||RMT||3||Wicker A||3/24/0||Open||$12.00||W 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||202||112758||Intro Emergency Managment||ONL||3||Wicker A||0/31/1||Closed||$12.00||
| ||202||317654||Intro Emergency Managment||PSTC||3||Wicker A||13/20/0||Open||$12.00||M 06:00 PM-08:54 PM FTC110
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday