Health Information Technology - HIT 100
Introduction to Medical Terminology
2 Credit Hours2 Lecture Hours
This course is a basic overview of medical terminology. The students will be introduced to medical terminology used in healthcare. The topics in the course provide activities to allow the student to spell, define and pronounce medical terminology.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Examine the basic structure of medical terminology.
- Apply terms related to organs in the body.
- Classify medical terms that contain diagnostic and procedure suffixes.
- Translate common prefixes used in medical terms.
- Examine medical reports using medical terminology.
- Interpret the definition for medical abbreviations used in medical reports.
| ||100||142768||Intro Medical Terminology||ONL||2||Harper E||14/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||100||142706||Intro Medical Terminology||ONL||2||Harper E||0/31/0||Closed||$12.00||
| ||100||112435||Intro Medical Terminology||ONL||2||Harper E||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||100||112429||Intro Medical Terminology||ONL||2||Harper E||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||100||217262||Intro Medical Terminology||RC||2||Staff||10/10/0||Open||$12.00||T 06:00 PM-07:54 PM RC420
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday