History - HIST 153
Contemporary America - U.S. History
3 Credit Hours3 Lecture Hours
This course is a survey of American civilization within the last hundred years: turn-of-the-century growth and crisis; the Progressive Era and World War I; the 1920s, the Great Depression and the New Deal; World War II and the emergence of the U.S. as a superpower; affluence, consensus and confrontation in the 1950s-1960s; malaise, drift and fragmentation in the 1970s-1980s; and the U.S. in the world of the late 20th century.
(A requirement that must be completed before taking this course.)
Upon successful completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear, factual understanding of the historical development of contemporary America.
- Evaluate the human experience as it relates to the historical period covered by the course.
- Analyze the role geography played in the historical period covered by the course.
- Relate the human experience—using history—to contemporary times.
- Distinguish between historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Analyze historical evidence of the human experience/culture for the period covered by the course.
- Incorporate historical artifacts and other types of sources concerning history.
- Demonstrate digital literacy, especially as it relates to the study of history.
- Explain major constitutional issues that emerged during the historical period covered by the course.
- Identify ways in which American history must be understood in an international context.
- Analyze the role of the United States in an international/global context.
| ||153||142928||Cont Amer US Hist||ONL||3||Thomson A||4/31/0||Open||$12.00||
| ||153||141612||Cont Amer US Hist||RMT||3||Thomson A||6/24/0||Open||$12.00||F 09:00 AM-11:54 AM WEBWEB
| ||153||111612||Cont Amer US Hist||RMT||3||McDonald P||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||M W 04:00 PM-05:46 PM WEBWEB
| ||153||111653||Cont Amer US Hist||RMT||3||McDonald P||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||T 06:00 PM-08:54 PM WEBWEB
| ||153||112351||Cont Amer US Hist||ONL||3||Thomson A||31/31/0||Open||$12.00||
Key: Day of the Week
- T = Tuesday
- R = Thursday
- S = Saturday
- X = Sunday